The pros and cons of buying a second-hand stairlift
You’ve decided you want to buy a stairlift. You’ve researched different companies, models and features. There’s a problem though, the price is a bit high. A curved stairlift would be the perfect fit for your home, but you feel like it could be out of your price range. A Second-hand Reconditioned or Refurbished Stannah Stairlift comes with the same built-in quality as a new lift, and could be the right option for you, whatever your stairs are like. Whether you have a straight or curved staircase, a second-hard refurbished stairlift could give you the freedom of movement you thought you’d lost. Have a look at what we could offer you, and be one step closer to getting your independence back.
Privately buying a second-hand stairlift
A second-hand stairlift seems like a good idea. You get the perks of the independence a stairlift brings, but at a lower cost. Then you ask yourself – is it a good idea?
There are lots of factors to think about if you’re buying a second-hand stairlift privately. Here are some of the main ones:
- How will you install it?
- How will you know if it’s safe?
- What if something goes wrong during the installation or afterwards?
- How will you know if it’s in good condition? It might be right at the end of its working life.
- If it’s curved, it wasn’t made for your house. This might mean it takes up more room on your stairs, doesn’t fit together as well or doesn’t fit your stairs at all.
Privately buying a second hand stairlift can work out, but there is a lot more room for error. You may well end up paying more in the long run, because just about anything could go wrong – the lift could need replacement parts and it could even be installed unsafely.
Who do you call if something goes wrong?
Buying a refurbished Stannah stairlift
If you want the perks of a lower price, but the security of buying from a reputable company, you might want to consider buying a refurbished stairlift from Stannah. Our refurbished stairlifts are pre-owned stairlifts, but we’ve checked, tested and reconditioned them so that they are 100% safe for you.
We won’t sell one until it meets our rigorous standards of quality and safety and we install it in your house for you. That way, we know nothing will go wrong at any point in the process. We give you the full package.
We assure you that:
- New batteries have been put in your chair
- It will come with full product documentation
- Any parts have been changed / upgraded to meet new specifications
- The full history of your stairlift can be checked because it has a unique serial number
- Your reconditioned stairlift will have gone through a 42-point check to make sure it’s working perfectly
Our reconditioned stairlifts come with the added benefit of a 12-month warranty. That means that on the off-chance something goes wrong, we will be there to fix it for you. That includes a call-out service. For the first year you have your reconditioned stairlift, we will be there at the push of a button to get you going again.
The peace of mind you get is priceless. Why not call us to book your home visit, so that a specialist can assess your needs and give you free, personalized advice?
Renting a stairlift
Renting a stairlift means you get all the benefits of a stairlift – the freedom it brings, the security you have on your stairs and the peace of mind you can get around independently, while making manageable monthly rental payments.
You can rent any one of our range of lifts, straight or curved (subject to availability). If you only need it for a short period of time, this is the perfect option for you.
When you rent a stairlift you get:
- The perfect stairlift for your house
- Servicing costs included in your rental
- The peace of mind that you can cancel the agreement at any time
- The installation, administration and removal of the stairlift covered in one one-off payment
- The ability to change your mind, as you’re only committed to one month of rent in advance
Click here to read more about Renting a Stairlift.
Buying a new stairlift
Although other options might seem cheaper, in the long run, a new stairlift is more likely to meet your mobility needs. If you browse our product range, you’ll be sure to notice all the little details and features we’ve added to ensure your comfort and safety.
The only way you’ll get the full benefit of all those features, tailored to suit your specific needs, is by buying a new stairlift. You can choose each detail to suit you.
To find out what’s best for you, give us a call now and schedule your consultation. We’ll be able to talk you through all your options to make sure you find the perfect solution.
Read now our Guide to Buying a Stairlift.