Stairlift Prices are determined by a number of factors related to stair design and physical condition
Stairlift prices are often a key factor when considering the purchase of a stair lift. Stannah will help you identify the factors that can affect your decision and the price of your stairlift. As a careful consumer, you’re doing the right thing researching stair lift companies carefully before you buy.
Determining stairlift cost:
Determining a chairlift price can depend on a number of factors, such as:
- Are your stairs indoors or outdoors?
- Are your stairs straight or curved?
- How wide is your stairwell?
- How much headroom is there under the bulkhead?
- How far will your stairlift travel?
- Are there landings at the top and bottom of stairs?
- Will any handrails need to be moved?
These are just some of the factors that can help determine the best chairlift for your needs. Additionally, there are other factors related to the design and features of a stairlift, such as:
- Would you like your stairlift to be customized?
- What kind of upholstery would you prefer (check all the options)?
- Would a footrest fold button be convenient?
- Would you benefit from a raised seat (Sadler)?
Much like designing a car, stairlifts include options that can be customized to individual needs. In fact, a Stannah stair lift will fit any staircase, wide, narrow, curved or straight. A Stannah Stairlift will assure you a perfect blend of quality and value:
- Added comfort: with a slight backwards pitch, which gives you extra comfort and adds to your safety;
- Easy in and easy out: the footrest raises and lowers to make it easier for you to get in and out of the chair lift.
- Extra safety: the stairlift won’t budge an inch unless you’re properly seated (you can still move the unloaded chairlift using the remote control).
- Plenty of options: from fabrics to colours.
- Out of the way: Stannah’s stairlifts fold away and you can lock the controls to prevent unauthorized use.
To get started you can find more information on the range of stairlifts Stannah can offer by clicking here.
Moreover, let us explain why sometimes we refer to our stairlifts as chairlifts: they are, in fact, comfortable chairs that climb the stairs for your safety!
What about stairlift prices? It is cheaper than moving to an assisted living home!
Stairlift pricing starts as low as $3,000, which can be a daunting sum for potential customers. However, compared to a month in an assisted living home or installing an elevator, which both can cost upwards of $80,000, a Stannah Stairlift is a cost-efficient method to ensure your parents are navigating their homes safely.
We’ll show you everything we have to offer and help you choose the right stairlift for your staircase and home.
Get a free stairlift assessment
Once all the listed factors have been considered, a Stannah consultant can provide an accurate quotation for your stairlift that will include all preparation work and installation, expert aftercare and advice, as well as peace of mind with our industry leading warranty and support.
Give us a call toll-free (888) 387 2926 to speak with our advisors and book a free stairlift assessment at your home! Stannah Stairlifts are never far away!
Steep or narrow stairs? No problem!
Here is a genuine and happy story of a satisfied customer that thought her stairs were too steep and narrow for a stairlift.
When they considered the cost of buying a new home and the inevitable redecorating and remodelling, they decided to look into a stairlift.
Leona and her husband have lived on the second floor of their triple-decker home since 1978, and were seriously considering moving because of all the stairs. Leona’s leg was beginning to bother her, and carrying laundry down to the basement was a chore. However, when they considered the cost of buying a new home and the inevitable redecorating and remodelling, they decided to look into a stairlift.
Because her stairs are unusually steep and wind sharply around corners, we took the extra time to create a detailed technical drawing, so that we could ensure a safe and smooth ride before providing a quotation for the work. After seeing our design, Leona immediately decided to go ahead. In a few short weeks, we installed her custom-made stairlift in less than a day.
Tell us your story: Write and let us know what you think about your stairlift and how it’s improved your life. Here is how you can send it.